Residential Insurance Claims
If you have recently been through a hail storm, then you know the power that these small balls of ice can have. It doesn’t take very much hail for your roof to end up damaged. Call us after a hailstorm and we’ll evaluate your roof to determine the extent of the damage and what needs to be done to repair it. Call your insurance company, too, because hail damage is likely covered under your homeowners’ policy.
Not convinced? Here a just a few reasons why you should call us as soon as the storm is over:
- Most hail damage is not visible from the ground. We can send a drone up to take photos of your roof so you’ll be able to see exactly what has been damaged, and so we can determine what needs to be done.
- Leaks are not the only indication of hail damage. In fact, we can catch the damage and repair your roof before you ever have to worry about a leak and the havoc it can cause.
- Many shingle manufacturers will not warranty their roofs after the roof has been exposed to an act of God, like a hailstorm. Call us and your insurance company to get your roof replaced even if it’s out of warranty, or for help getting your warranty enforced.
- Hail damage can show up several years down the road, but most insurance companies require you to file a claim within 180 days of the storm. It’s better to check it out now than to be sorry later.
There are a few things that you can look for that indicate hail damage. If you see these, you definitely need to call us and your insurance company as soon as possible.
- The texture of your shingles or shakes looks different from the ground. This can indicate damage.
- You have shingles or shakes in your yard or pool.
- Your gutters, pool, or other areas are filled with granules from your asphalt shingles.
- You can see dimples on your shingles or round damage or bruises.
- You see denting or gutter damage.
What can hail do to your home? There are a few types of damage that these iceballs can cause.
- Hail can forcibly remove the granule surface material on your shingles. These protect the shingles from UV damage, so losing them means your shingles will deteriorate faster. The hail can also loosen the granules so that they fall off faster, which also lowers the lifetime of your shingles.
- Hail can put dents in your metal roofing or remove parts of your shakes. This makes your roof look unsightly and also makes it less effective at protecting your home or business.
- Hail can damage flashing, lead boots, vents stacks, and more. These are all parts of your roof and can cause more damage if not replaced or repaired.
- Hail can damage your gutters so they don’t flow or aren’t there to protect your home from water runoff.
We will help you through the process of filing your Denver Roofing insurance claim and getting the coverage you need to repair or replace your roof after a hail storm. You don’t have to face this job alone. We are on your side and we’ll help you through it all.